Oracle Forms (Version 5)
- Recommended Duration:
- 4-5 Days
- Oracle Forms 5.0.
Courses available for Oracle
and SQL*Forms 3.0.
- Participants will learn to use Oracle Forms to develop applications to create systems that are transportable between Developer/2000 platforms, minimize resource use, reduce overhead and user response time. Students will create Oracle Forms using coordinated blocks, graphics, and GUI objects.
- People who will use Oracle Forms to create applications.
- Participants should be familiar with Oracle and SQL concepts; however, previous Oracle Forms experience is not assumed.
- Major Topics
- Developer/2000 Overview
- Oracle Forms Developer Graphical Environment and Wizards
- Creating a simple form
- Object Navigator
- Property Palette
- GUI Development and Controls
- Master-Detail Block Coordination
- PL/SQL in Oracle Forms
- PL/SQL Program Units
- Using the GUI Interface
- Stacked Views (Pop-up Windows)
- Using System and Global Variables
- Advanced Trigger Processing
- Oracle Forms Advanced Features
- Menu Processing
- Built-in Oracle Forms documentation
- Using Oracle Graphics
- Application Partitioning
- Object Linking and Embedding (OLE)
- Oracle Provided Development Objects
- There are twelve machine exercises.